What services do you provide?
- VAMC (Carl T. Haden Medical center) Fee Reimbursement program for traditional healing ceremonies
- Navajo Nation General Fund financial assistance program for Navajo traditional ceremonies for those not approved by VAMC.
- Financial assistance under the Navajo Nation Veterans’ trust fund.
- Financial assistance for Honor Guard Detail.
- Financial Assistance for Color Guard Detail.
- Financial assistance for burial.
- Financial assistance for housing material.
- Federal benefits claim processing.
How do your clients go about obtaining these services?
Each of the five agency offices operates under approved policies and procedures, along with forms, to disburse funds allocated to the respective agency.
Are there pre-requisites for clients seeking benefits?
Veterans seeking benefits are required to register with their respective agency office by submitting copies of DD Form-214, Discharge Certificate, Voter registration, and Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Financial Assistance
- Eligibility for the aforementioned programs and services vary. One may inquire at a local agency office. To apply for such services, must have a copy of the following documents:
- Military DD-214 (Discharge papers)
- Certificate of Indian Blood
- Must be registered at your local chapter house, if not registered, must bring the following:
- Military DD-214
- Navajo Nation Voter’s registration card
- Social Security Card/ID
- Traditional Healing Ceremony
- Burial Expense
- Honor Guard (for Military Funeral Honors )
- Color Guard (for Posting of Colors )
- Veterans Housing Assistance (Self Help Housing Materials)
- The eligibility requirements vary among funding sources. Housing assistance is determined based on housing needs, family size, income and disability status. Home site lease is required.
- Other Federal Funded Program(s)
- Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center Fee Reimbursement Traditional Healing Ceremony This is a pilot program authorized through an agreement with Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center (VAMC) of Phoenix, AZ. VAMC is now able to pay for Traditional Healing Ceremonies that are prescribed for veterans by care providers that may include: Vet Centers, VA Transition Centers and Traditional Counselors, etc. This reimbursement is for medicine man/practitioner fees for ceremonies performed for veterans. Prior approval by the Agency Veterans Office is required. NOTE: Financial Assistance for these ceremonies is subject to funds availability.
- Purpose: to increase the utilization of VA Healthcare Benefits by Navajo Veterans to allow for the payment of (approved) Navajo Traditional Healing Ceremony fees to be reimbursed by VA Medical Center(s).
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be enrolled with VA Medical Center and/or get enrolled by completing VA 10-10 EZ Form