Social Links Search User Login Menu


What do I need to do to become registered with the Navajo Nation Veterans Administration Office?

  • DD214 Discharge Certificate
  • Valid State Photo Identification Card/Drivers License
  • Social Security Card
  • Certificate of Indian Blood
  • Chapter Voter Registration Card

What services would I be eligible for, once I am registered with DNVA?

  • The Emergency assistance for food, vehicle fuel, and utilities to cover costs for one month shall not exceed $300 per assistance. This assistance is limited to two times per fiscal year per individual requesting assistances.
  • Another Emergency assistance for heating costs include firewood, pellets, coal and propane shall not exceed $300 per assistance.
  • Home improvement not to exceed $700 and this assistance is limited to one time per fiscal year per individual requesting such assistance.
  • As for the Self Help Housing Fund, we have been drastically cut so at this time, we do have applications that have been completed years ago and still no funds have been awarded, they will on the top of our list.


What is the process of obtaining assistances, qualifying criteria?

  • Complete the Financial Assistance form, include late notices and/or estimates for home repair
  • Attend your local Chapter Veterans Organization and present to the organization your request.
  • Chapter Veterans Organization will approve the request; forward the completed form with the agenda and minutes to the DNVA office.


How much would I be eligible for?

  • The 2 different emergency funds, you are eligible for up to $300.00, two times in the fiscal year
  • The Home repairs funds, you are eligible for up to $700.00, one time assistance in the fiscal year


When will I receive my check?

  • From the time, the Veterans Organization submits their meetings Agenda and Minutes with the completed Financial Forms, the Veterans Service Officer with the Senior Office Specialist will ensure funds are available, and then the signed RDP is sent to Window Rock, Finance Department.
  • It could very well take up to 3 weeks to get your check.


What is the process of getting the check in my hand?

  • You can request to have your check mailed to your mailing address or you could make arrangements to come by your local office to pick up check.


Can my children apply for assistances?

  • Unfortunately our funds do not allow for the children of a Veteran to apply for assistances at this time.


Do I have to be registered with the Navajo Nation?

  • Yes, and must be a registered voter at a respective chapter house and Navajo Nation Veterans Administration agency.


What is the difference with Navajo Nation DNVA and the Navajo Nation Chapters when it comes to funds for Veterans?

  • We receive funds from the Trust funds and also the General funds. The trust fund provides funds for Veterans program, projects, and activities. The DNVA empowers the local Chapter Veterans Organization to approved/disapproved the allocation of funds.
  • The Navajo Nation Chapter is funded directly from the Supplemental Funds which is managed by the local Chapters therefore the DNVA has no oversight over the usage/allocation of funds awarded.

Back To Top